Nearly 80% of Americans wouldn’t be able to pay their bills if they missed a paycheck. When you’re used to living paycheck to paycheck, the idea of setting aside some extra money is almost laughable. How do you even consider setting financial goals when every dollar you make is already going somewhere necessary? In this episode we talk through how to choose to set goals regardless of your financial situation. The goal of an emergency fund for some breathing room and financial cushion is the very thing that will allow you to still pay your bills if you miss a paycheck! Even saving $1,000 can be enough to end the cycle and allow you to escape that paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.
Additional links from this episode:
- Is it an expensive bike? Or inexpensive transportation?
- Everything you need to know about emergency funds, and what they should *and shouldn’t* be spent on!
- Consider joining that Atlanta Bicycle Coalition or a similar local organization.
- Check out Joel’s article on electric bikes.
- To spend less we mentioned Ways to cut Your Monthly Bills and Jumping on a Low Cost Cell Phone Plan. And when it comes to earning extra money on the side: Creating a Dope Side Hustle.
- If you’re in a pinch, Earnin might be a temporary solution to get your check sooner but it’s not a long-term solution.
- For affordable or free debt counseling, start with the NFCC.
During this episode we each enjoyed a Roast Beast by Modern Methods which you can find on Untappd. A huge thanks to Krista for donating this beer to the show! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts, Castbox, or wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply