Wouldn’t it be nice if you never had a disagreement about money with your partner ever again? Oh the bliss! Even just imagining this conflict-free future might be causing the tension in your shoulders to relax or that headache to fade. Unfortunately, that’s a paradise that’s lost and not something we can promise! Since most Americans report having major conflicts concerning money, it’s important to engage in healthy ways so that we avoid destructive patterns in our relationship as well as with our money. We want to work towards not only growing our wealth but growing and strengthening our relationships as well. During this episode we cover some of the common patterns of arguments we often hear about and what to do about those arguments. We also offer some tips that we believe will allow you to keep simple disagreements from escalating into knock-down-drag-out money fights.
- Joel has been happy with his cordless stick vacuum from Wyze.
- We mentioned how helpful it is to have a money mission statement– especially as you’re working through some financial disagreements with a partner.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed an HDHC CananDANKua by Other Half Brewing- a big thanks to Jason for sending this one our way to enjoy! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Ahh, Samsonite- I was way off! 😉