Time to get super practical today! A lot of the different topics we cover on the show sometimes have to do with mindset shifts, or if they are a little more tangible, they’re going to be bigger lifts- and these higher impact money moves often take longer than a week to accomplish. So if you’re looking to increase your cash on hand immediately, this episode is for you. Some of the things we’ll discuss will pay dividends even beyond just this week, but if you tackle one of these tasks each per day in the coming week, you’ll save a decent chunk of change! Let’s immediately improve your financial situation!
Additional links from this episode:
- As you are looking to spend less money, be sure and shop your insurance coverage with a local independent broker and also be sure to check out Policygenius.
- Tracking your monthly spending via Mint or You Need a Budget is a great way to see subscriptions that you may not even be aware are still recurring. One of those recurring expenses that you could really trim down is your cell phone coverage- check out providers like Mint Mobile and Visible.
- Instead of buying stuff, check out the Buy Nothing community where you can donate and receive without having to place yet another Amazon order.
- Sell your stuff on eBay!
- Airbnb is a great way to immediately start making some more money this week, so consider becoming a host with Airbnb.
- MTurk is another way to easily make extra cash online- check out our friend Michael’s review and check out the MTurk subreddit to find the best paying gigs.
- How about money for ‘free’? Check out MissingMoney.com and Unclaimed.org to see if you have money that is legally yours.
- And our final resource- taking advantage of a 0% balance transfer is a great way to help eliminate some debt. And looking to how you can maximize your credit card’s rewards is a great strategy as well. For our family that means utilizing the 6% cash back on all purchases at supermarkets with the Blue Cash Preferred card.
During this episode we enjoyed a Dad Jokes by Morgan Territory, thanks Brent for donating this one to the pod! And as we’ve ramped up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!