Anytime you see a commercial for prescription meds, everyone always looks so happy- they’re 100% living their best life! But what about those insane side effects?! If you’re considering taking those medications you’ll have to seriously consider whether or not it’s going to be worth it for you. And we believe similar considerations need to be given when it comes to gig work. On the surface gig jobs seem like they could provide you with all that you’re looking for- flexibility, income, autonomy! And with an easy to use app on your phone you could be earning an income before it’s time for lunch. But we believe there’s a darker side to gig work as well. So during this episode we’re going to address both sides of the argument, we’re going to help you to determine if gig work is right for you, and then we’ll help you to think through choosing the best one for your life.
- SideHusl and flexjobs are both great resources for looking for some gig work, but we also specifically mentioned several during the episode as well:
- Mechanical Turk
- Taskrabbit and Fiverr for more specialized jobs
- Airbnb and Turo to put assets you already own to work. You can even rent out your surfboard for others to use!
- Make money while you commute to work with Carvertise and Wrapify.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed a Fluffo Sando by Pipeworks Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply