Who is the greatest actor of all time? You might have an opinion- maybe it’s Meryl Streep or Daniel Day-Lewis, but this would likely lead to a pretty fierce debate. And the same could be said about athletes- who is the greatest? Is it Michael Jordan or Michael Phelps? Well it depends on who you’re asking because it’s in the eye of the beholder to a certain extent. We all want to know what sets the greatest in their given field apart from the ones who were just really good. Luckily the greatest investor conversation isn’t nearly as fraught. Warren Buffett is the GOAT in our eyes and we’re certainly not alone in that assumption. And it’s not only due to the returns he’s garnered- his longevity, consistency, and humility are admirable as well. So today we’re going to talk about the GOAT investor and what financial, and life lessons we can learn from him. How you should approach your investments, how long you should be holding them, and what you should be investing in are just a few questions we’ll answer today.
- Craft beer – Mad props to listener Joshua for the heavy lifting and putting together a beer spreadsheet for every episode we’ve recorded! While we’ll attempt to keep it updated ourselves, we’re also happy for this to be more of an open source collaborative project if you’re as interest in the craft brews as we are- cheers!
- Do you even invest bro? – Listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
- Roth – If you’re not already investing in tax advantaged accounts, listen to why we think you should start with the beautiful Roth IRA.
- Giving – We strive to be generous and even make the argument that giving money away will make you richer!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Blender Black-Ras by New Park Brewing- thanks for donating this one to the pod Matthieu! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply