This week on the pod we’re answering your questions! 1 – Is it OK to buy a new car if I’m going to keep it for 15 years? 2 – What receipts should I keep for tax purposes on the portion of my duplex I’m renting? 3 – What were y’all taught and what should I be teaching my kid about money? 4 – As a higher earner, is there any tax benefit to contributing to my IRA when I’m already covered by a retirement plan at work? 5 – Where should I consider opening a small business account for my new business?
Be sure to check out our detailed blog posts on how to teach kids about money, and teaching kids how to invest! Both super important for raising financially savvy kids 🙂
And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask
Additional resources from this episode:
- Here’s the link for my Airbnb in Atlanta if you’re looking for a place to stay.
- Joel is a step closer to building an ADU (accessory dwelling unit) in his backyard.
- We answered a question on what to save and how to teach our kids about money, but here’s a full episode on teaching kids about money.
- Like our listener Ben, if you’re looking to open a Roth IRA, M1 is a great option.
- And if you’re planning to open a small business account like listener Katie, check out Navy Federal Credit Union as well as Axos Bank.
During this episode we enjoyed an Okie by Prairie Artisan Ales- a big thanks to our friend Abe here in Atlanta for donating this beer to the show! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply