We should all probably watch a little less TV than we do, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be getting a deal in the process! The television bundle is the priciest way to watch and you should consider a free or streaming option because there are now so many choices. And you don’t have to sacrifice and give up a particular show or live sports if that’s your thing- there’s a really good chance you can find a video service, providing the content you’re looking for, that will be substantially more affordable than your local cable or satellite provider.
- There’s a good chance your local library offers free video to checkout but also look into Kanopy and Hoopla which makes it even easier!
- Also check out free movies and TV shows over on Crackle, Roku Channel, and Pluto TV.
- Don’t forget the digital antenna and get free HD content over the air, forever!
- Streaming devices: we’re fans of both Roku and the Amazon Fire Stick
- Streaming services (in addition to Amazon Video, Hulu, and Netflix):
- Philo – one of the most affordable options at $20/month and is a great option if you’d like nearly 60 channels and don’t need access to sports. Plus, they’re offering a 7-day free trial to give it a spin.
- Sling TV – choose either the Orange or Blue packages for a ton of channels. Sling Orange at $25/month is the cheapest way to get ESPN.
During this episode we enjoyed a Saison Du Ble by Side Project- a big thanks to our buddy David here in Atlanta for donating this beer to the show! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!