Traveling and going on vacation doesn’t have to break the bank. In this episode we spend most of our time talking through some tips that will help you save money the next time you book some travel. But first, we want you to think about the aspects of travel that you enjoy the most, and then center your trip around that (like breweries and the outdoors- a couple of our favorites!). March to your own drum! Don’t give in to the pressures of taking the touristy route or doing the activities that you have no interest in. It might seem like an obvious point to make, but this is the crucial first step before you even begin to plan your trip. You be you!
Once you’ve covered the ‘why am I doing this?’ question, it’s time to start saving money! Here are the practical tips we have for traveling:
- Consider staying in the United States
- Be flexible with your dates AND your destination. Huge cost savings here.
- Go with friends to cut down on costs
- Make sure to have a credit card with no foreign transaction fee
- Plus a bunch of other awesome stuff- be sure to listen for the rest!
And at the beginning of this episode we cracked open a double IPA- Hopslam by Bell’s Brewery which you can find and learn all about on Untappd. If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and review us in iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts!