“Inconceivable!”. There are certain tasks in life that feel virtually impossible. One that comes to mind is painting your house- “I can’t do that, I’m not a professional painter!”. When in reality, that’s a project you actually could perform well. Or another one might be something like baking some biscuits- “I’m not some culinary magician who can whip together some homemade biscuits from scratch!”. When fact, that’s something 6th graders learn how to do in middle school. And the same thing is true for starting your own business- there seems to be this special aura surrounding small businesses that lead many to think that they don’t have what it takes. That it takes some special wizardry to run your own business. But we think that you do, in fact, have what it takes, that the pros outweigh the cons, and that the financial upside is worth leaving the “safety” of a W2 job. Listen as we cover the many reasons we believe starting a business is actually easier than you think.
- Stats – 16% of traditional workers believe they are ‘actively disengaged‘ from their work!
- Taxes – Listen back to our conversation with Shannon Weinstein if you’d like some more convincing that there are phenomenal tax benefits of starting your own business.
- Seed money – Listen back to our convo with Alan Donegan and hear how you can start a business for free!
- Mentorship – SCORE, Service Core Of Retired Executives, has over 250 local chapters across the nation and they offer free mentorship and other resources as well.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed a Let’s Get Some F****** Fraanch Toast by Bhramari Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.