They say that timing is everything. For example, Nascar and F1 drivers need perfect timing in order to make a move and pass their competition. An ill-timed attempt can result in falling further behind, or even worse, in a crash that takes you out of the race completely. Well, the housing market has been shaken up in a big way as prices have risen substantially and now higher rates are making things even more unaffordable. That being said, the market is beginning to feel like it’s stalling out and maybe even correcting- though we would be pretty shocked if the current market oddities ended up in something resembling the 2008 crash. But there’s still a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the housing market. If you were making offers last year and missing out consistently, is now the time for you to finally be able to buy? During this episode we talk about timing the housing market, what the current market conditions look like, how you should be thinking about the rent vs buy debate, as well as some practical steps that you should take if you determine that you areready to buy a home.
- Credit score – Here’s a great episode if you’re looking to rebuild a rough credit score.
- We also touched on the fact that you don’t need a perfect credit score– check out that episode!
- Rent – If you’ve determined that you should continue renting, then listen back to our convo with Justin Pogue as we discussed ways to reduce your rent.
- Money gears – We referenced our 7 Money Gears during this episode. So much of your your decision to buy a home or not, depends on where you currently are with your own personal finances.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed an Odelette by Fair Isle Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How To Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.