Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: student loan pause extended, scammers targeting student loan holders, new guidelines for student loans in bankruptcy, EV reliability in the dumps, avoiding the new car depreciation hit, easily estimating the cost of healthcare, credit card balances on the rise, cards with the worst benefits, fewer folks unbanked, reaching your financial goals with CDs, & tighter lending standards making it difficult to move.
- Credit score – We also touched on the fact that you don’t need a perfect credit score– check out that episode!
- Health care – With it being open enrollment, easily estimate what health coverage is going to cost you,
- When it comes to finding ways to reduce your healthcare costs, Marshall Allen had some really incredible advice back during our convo with him: Fight and Win Against Insane Healthcare Costs
- If you’re looking for a very affordable health care alternative (like by a factor of 6x) that isn’t technically insurance, then you definitely need to check out Medi-Share. Joel has recently joined and our family has been with them for over 5 years.
- Sedera is also another health sharing option that doesn’t have any religious affiliation if that’s not your thing.
- I’m not sure who needs to hear this but Health Savings Accounts, or HSAs, are the ultimate retirement accounts.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.