It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: free Covid tests, Roth 401k options abound, the embarrassing issue of 401k leakage, the best way boost your income, employer matches on the rise, cheapo bikes that are made to fail, higher insurance rates, the best times to travel, & the time to refinance is now!
- CovidTests.gov is the site where you can order free tests.
- And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
- Head to TreasuryDirect.gov and snag you some i bonds paying over 7%.
- We firmly believe that you can bike your way to wealth!
- Don’t cheap out on insurance but we do want you to save as much money as you can!
- Now is a fantastic time to refinance your home by shopping around with a company like Credible, before rates climb even higher. Learn why it might be a great idea for you.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.