Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we explain some relevant and helpful stories like: more potential student loan forgiveness on the horizon, egg fights in the aisles, cutting food waste, the high risk of single stock investing, doubling down on a down market, Disney in real life, & non-competes might be on the road to defeat.
- Frugal or Cheap – Let us know in the comments: are we being frugal or cheap by not dropping $160 to go to the My Princess Dance?!
- Groceries – Leanne Brown had some fantastic tips on how to keep your grocery budget in check. Her free cookbook is incredibly helpful and nerdy as she breaks down the cost- not only to the price per meal, but the price per serving as well!
- We’re huge fans of Costco because of the great quality and discounts. Here’s a rundown of all the Best Costco Membership Perks.
- Investing – And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
- If you’re not already investing in tax advantaged accounts, listen to why we think you should start with the beautiful Roth IRA.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply