It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: what to watch out for when switching to an online bank, employer-matched savings accounts on the rise, IKEA buying back your furniture, the easiest way to get all of the shampoo out of a bottle, annoying hotel fees on the horizon, simple tricks to supercharge your retirement account, the underutilized Roth 401k, falling investment fees, avoiding eviction through federal rental assistance, & where to save the most on a refinance.
- We’re big fans of our discounted cell service that we mentioned at the beginning of the episode: Mint Mobile.
- Listen back to episode 206 to learn if hiring a financial advisor is a good idea for you.
- Learn more about federal rent assistance via the CFPB.
- And refinancing your mortgage could save you hundreds of dollars a month. When you’re ready to make it happen, compare quotes and get the best rate with Credible.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
* NMLS# Disclosure: Credible Operations, Inc. NMLS# 1681276, “Credible.” Not available in all states. www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org