We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- Should I put all of the proceeds from my home sale towards the down payment on a new home?
- As a renter, should I pay extra in order for my rent payments to get reported to the credit bureaus?
- Does it make sense to get insurance for my e-bike?
- How can we make sure that our finances are in a strong position before having a baby?
- Is there a best time of year to invest a lump sum of money?
- As we discussed reporting rent to the credit bureaus, we also touched on the fact that you don’t need a perfect credit score– check out that episode! There are also so important steps to take when you’re looking to rebuild a rough credit score.
- Hopefully your e-bike isn’t so expensive that you have to insure it, especially if you’re riding an affordable Radwagon. But for a great, really affordable plan check out Kryptonite’s– 5 years of coverage for just $30.
- Check out that post we referenced as to why lump sum investing is more likely going to lead to higher returns than dollar cost averaging.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 80,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed a 555 by Cruz Blanca Brewery- thanks to Dennis and our friends at the brewery for donating this one to the podcast! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.