Do you know something that we’re all currently doing? Breathing. It’s something we rarely actively think about, but it turns out that there are ways to improve our technique- by breathing through our nose instead of our mouths, or by taking deeper slower breaths. Well we’re talking about another basic subject today: buying groceries. This elementary practice seems simple on the surface, but just like breathing there are tactics that you can implement in order to save more money at the supermarket. The cost of food has always been a big deal as it’s typically our third largest expense. But it’s a bigger deal than ever with grocery prices up nearly 12% in December compared to a year ago. Inflation is making it more expensive to eat! Listen for how much you should be spending every month, our take on meal delivery services, and many other money saving tips that you can implement in order to butcher your grocery bill today!
- Shippers – Joel hasn’t hired anyone yet, but Shiply is the company that allows you to have multiple moving companies bid on your job.
- Cooking – We talked with Beth Moncel about cooking on a budget, and meals that are ‘good enough’ with Leanne Brown. And then SuperCook is the site where you can input what you have on hand to get ingredient saving recipes!
- Groceries – We’re huge fans of Costco because of the great quality and discounts. Here’s a rundown of all the Best Costco Membership Perks, as well as Secret Costco Hacks you should be aware of!
- Here’s our full post on how to save money on grocery shopping!
- And check out Flipp. This is the site that compiles all of your local grocery flyers that way all of your deals are in one place.
- You can also get discounts on ugly food that’s still perfectly fine to eat- check out BuySalvageFood.com and Misfits Market. And Flashfood is an app to help you find discounted groceries that are nearing their expiration date.
- Credit card – And basically get a 6% discount on all groceries (on up to $6,000 annually) by using the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
During this episode we enjoyed a Darken by Upland Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply