In the same way that being able to read is a critical component of learning and furthering your education, budgeting is essential to managing your money well and building wealth. It’s foundational! And that’s why we’re pumped to have Sarah Wilson joining us on the podcast today. Today we discuss why the Budget Girl started publishing her own budget for the entire internet to see, how granular you should be getting with your budget, as well as some of the lowest hanging fruit everyone should consider. And we also hear how Sarah paid off all of her student loans in just 3 years on a meager income, her foray into house hacking, charging her boyfriend rent, the future of her very successful site and YouTube channel, plus a bunch of other topics as well!
- Sarah Wilson – You can see what Sarah is up to at her site, Budget Girl, and her YouTube channel. And keep up with her on all the socials!
- Budgeting – Check out our posts on various budgeting methods that might suit you, as well as all the ways to stop dipping into your savings account to afford stuff!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Brownie by Wicked Weed! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply