We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- What can I do about rapidly rising rents at my apartment building?
- We want to house hack by finishing out a basement apartment- is this a good idea for us and should we finance the project?
- How do I pay off my debt while also not damaging my credit score for the upcoming purchase of a home?
- I’m getting paid to bike to work, but I have no idea what kind of bicycle I should purchase- help!
- Should I avoid investing in single stocks even if I get a really good discount through my employee stock purchase plan?
- Stuff – If you’re curious what high flow shower head we ordered.
- Rent – Listen back to the episode with Justin Pogue where we talked in depth about ways to reduce your rising rents.
- The Washington Post had a great tool that allows you to see how much rents have increased in your area.
- House hacking – We answered Joe’s question about his home renovation but we recently dedicated an entire episode to the power of house hacking and how you can start implementing it in your life with Craig Curelop.
- And if you want to minimize the stress that accompanies a rental property, then you’ll want to prioritize effectively screening and managing tenants.
- Debt – Use Undebt.it to help you figure out a get-outta-debt plan and listen back to episode 297 where we talked about the debt snowball vs the debt avalanche.
- And then make sure you have a plan to stay out of debt once you’ve arrived in the promised land!
- Biking! – We firmly believe that you can bike your way to wealth!
- Investing – And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed a White Thai by Westbrook Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.