It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: insulating your house to save the planet and save you money, #VanLife woes and the search for happiness, why a declining GDP doesn’t necessarily mean a recession is on the way, conniving credit bureaus, pet repossessions, cryptocurrency in your 401k, crypto mortgages, merchant processing fees on the rise, a new credit card bonus we’re excited about, & Rad Power Bikes are on sale!
- Van life – A fun conversation we had with Chris and Cristi about living in their van!
- Minimalism – And we mentioned Joshua Becker’s article in Forbes but we had a great conversation with him on saving money by going minimalist.
- Happiness – Check out the worksheet we created to help you create your own Money Mission Statement! Download it, and give it a solid 30 minutes one evening to really begin some soul searching to determine what you want your life to look like.
- Random – And Early Edition was the name of that CBS tv show!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Looking for the link / printable download you mentioned regarding finding what is financially important to you
Hey Vicki. It’s linked above in the show notes and it’s called a Money Mission Statement. I hope it’s helpful!