We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- Is it best to recast a mortgage or should I just pay a lump-sum and be done with the mortgage a bit sooner?
- Frugal or cheap?! Repurchasing a board game online after it dropped in price, and having to drive in order to return the original.
- What interest am I forfeiting if I pull money out of my I bonds early?
- When buying solar, am I just exchanging a loan payment for my monthly electricity bill?
- I’d like to be a long-distance landlord- is that a wise move and what else should I keep in mind?
- Recent books – We mentioned The Brothers Karamazov that Joel’s reading and I’m reading The Snowball, but be sure to look them both up at your library first.
- Board games – Based on it’s unavailability, it’s looking like the game Aquire is no longer being manufactured!
- Time – It’s helpful to know your own hourly rate in order to know what your time is worth- luckily for you, we talked about that very topic back in episode 99!
- Fluctuating prices – And everyone needs to use the Honey extension if you’re not already. Not only will it automatically apply discount codes but the price tracker helps you to know if you’re getting a good deal or not. Don’t forget to check out CamelCamelCamel when shopping on Amazon.
- Price protection – And even if an item you’ve already purchased does go on sale, a credit card like the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® offers price protection up to 120 days from when you made your purchase! Learn more about how you can apply to that card here.
- I bonds – Head to TreasuryDirect.gov and snag you some I bonds paying close to double digits!
- Solar – We’re big fans of the site EnergySage that allows you to easily see how much you could save every month by installing solar panels. They also allow you to compare quotes and find the best price as companies are bidding for your business.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed a German Chocolate Cake by Wicked Weed! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How To Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply