Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: HTM sock giveaway, sticky inflation, stressful everyday money fights, college major regrets, taxing student loan forgiveness, IRS refunding an extra billion dollars to filers, WTD about market crash predictions, millennials selling out, 401k lifetime income illustrations, ESG funds looking worse than ever, & going into debt for an iPhone.
- Socks – Enter to win a pair of our HTM socks by signing up for our newsletter over at HowToMoney.com/newsletter by Wed, Sept 21st! We’ll announce the 5 winners on our next Friday Flight.
- College – Listen back to why we believe that college degrees aren’t what they used to be in episode 548.
- Check out the Dept of Education’s college scorecard in order to help you compare college degrees and fields of study, before you commit to taking out a butt-load of debt!
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.