We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- What should be my top financial priority when I know my job is only guaranteed for a year?
- Should I make a larger down payment in order to keep my mortgage below 25% of my monthly budgeted expenses?
- Am I being frugal or cheap if I’m willing to skip my friend’s bachelorette party?
- I’m thinking about converting my primary residence into my first rental property to rent to a friend- what should I keep in mind?
- How do I get my HOA to start investing the building’s reserve funds?
- While we talked about planning for an uncertain financial future due to employment coming to an end, we discussed how important it is to have a bare bones budget that will help you to see how much you’ll be able to cut back.
- We referenced our 7 Money Gears during this episode. It’s important to know what your next financial moves should be before you take action!
- Avail.co and Zillow both have some free software to help you to manage a rental property. And remember that screening for good tenants is at least 90% of the battle.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed an Aspect Ratio by Spyglass Brewing- a big thanks to Gary over at The Fat and Broke podcast for donating this one! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.