We talk a lot about investing- whether that be in the stock market, in real estate, or in bitcoin (JK don’t ever do that)! But it’s not often that we discuss investing in ourselves- our personal capital is one of the greatest assets we have! The power to grow our income based on our unique skills is crucial as we develop personally and professionally. While many folks stop growing their knowledge and experience once they receive that diploma, challenging ourselves to grow in these areas can have a massive payoff down the road.
Additional resources from this episode
- Even though I don’t value new clothes all that much, a well fitting shirt makes a big difference and I’m digging Amazon Goodthread shirts in tall.
- Podcasts are an easy and free way to invest in yourself, check out The Knowledge Project with Shane Parrish and their articles are great as well.
- But don’t discount higher education, the more you learn the more you earn.
- Download the Libby app now, free ebooks and audiobooks. You can’t beat it.
- And there are tons of other free to low cost options online: edX, Coursera, and Open Culture has a massive list of free online courses as well.
During this episode we enjoyed a Whiskey Peach Cider by Western Cider Co- another big thanks to Rae in Missoula for donating to the show this week! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcastsor wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!