Most folks are paying more than twice as much as they need to for cell phone service! The biggest reason for that is because they haven’t shopped around- they’re blindly paying the overpriced plans from 5 years ago. The average monthly cell phone bill is $73 and by the end of this episode, you’ll know how to get that down drastically- closer to the $25 per month mark which is the new golden standard. Plus, you’ll be able to do that without having to be on a massive friends and family plan like we are (seriously, it’s like we’re playing a game of sardines!). If you are looking for a new plan here’s some more info:
***Updated 09/06/19*** Joel and I (along with our wives) have both switched over to Mint Mobile and they’re offering the best deal we’ve been able to find with 8GB of data and unlimited talk and text for $10 a month for the first 6 months! And since they’re on the T-Mobile network, coverage has been great with really fast data too!
Best cell phone plans for single lines:
- Republic Wireless ($20 for 1GB but better rates of $5 per GB when you use more)
- Xfinity mobile ($12 for 1GB + $12 per additional)
- Unreal Mobile (1GB for $10 or 2GB for $15)
- Project Fi ($20 + $1 per tenth of gig you use).
Best cell phone plan for two lines:
- Most of the single lines will also be great for two people.
- If you’re over 55 – T Mobile $35 per line for $70 total. T Mobile is also offering 50% off for military families.
Best cell phone plans for 4 lines or more:
- Cricket Wireless does 4 lines of unlimited for $100
- Sprint offers a whole year of service for FREE to new customers.
And during this episode we enjoyed a Zarza Marrón by Casa Agria Specialty Ales which you can find and learn all about on Untappd. A big thanks to our friend Josh for trekking this beer all the way to Atlanta. If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and review us in Apple Podcasts, Castbox, or wherever you get your podcasts!
Best friends out!