Our guest today is Scott Keyes- founder of Scott’s Cheap Flights, a travel platform with over two million members around the world. It’s been called “the travel world’s best-kept secret” by Thrillist and received praise in The New York Times among others. But before he became our favorite expert on ways to keep vacation costs down, Scott worked for years as a journalist, with bylines in The Washington Post, The Atlantic, and plenty of other publications. And now, he’s published a book titled, “Take More Vacations”, which we’ll discuss today as well. With virtually everyone out there clamoring to take a vacation, we’re really excited to be talking about this timely topic. We discuss why we’re living in the golden age of cheap flights, how to get across the ocean for as little money as possible, change fees, perpetually cheap routes, and then we also discuss long travel and the changing culture of travel here in the US.
- Travel – Don’t forget to sign up for Scott’s Cheap Flights– it’s totally free, but you can also upgrade your membership in order to score the absolute best deals. When you do, be sure to sign up with our promo code: HTM20 in order to receive 20% off your first year of premium if you’re a new user!
- Tips and tricks – Check out our master list of tips to save money on travel!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed an Evolutions of BORIS the Crusher Caramel Macchiato by Hoppin Frog! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Did Scott provide a promo code?
Yep, HTM20. Signing up is well worth the money for most travelers.
What was Scott’s favorite place to search for flights? I think I heard ‘cool flights’ but I it was a bit hard to hear. Thanks!
Google Flights! Google.com/flights. Google really has created a fantastic interface for flight searching.