It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: we’re kicking off the HTM Newsletter with a book giveaway, why it makes sense to return to the office, desktop appraisals get the green light, HOAs barring hedge funds from buy up properties, guaranteed gargantuan returns, Instagrammable luxury fruits, egg prices on the rise, the credit card debt rebound, the rise and fall of Netflix, tax preparation software privacy issues, & skyrocketing airfares.
- Music – Check out some Pedro the Lion- here’s that song Joel mentioned: Circle K
- Debt – Just in case you didn’t think consumers were back to their old credit card spending ways, take a look at this chart.
- Streaming – If you’re contributing to the demise of Netflix- WE’RE OK WITH THAT. Consumer reports has a great article documenting all the different free streaming options available to consumers.
- Investing – Head to TreasuryDirect.gov and snag some i bonds paying over 7%, soon to be 9.6%
- Nostalgia – And a throwback to the Cadbury Bunny Tryout commercial from the 90s.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 80,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.