It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: we got new life insurance policies, slower more expensive mail, finding the most affordable shipping options, Allstate tracking drivers, bosses monitoring employees, housing market chill pills, dying ain’t cheap, winter budget busters due to higher energy costs, contagious commerce, & free money in 529 plans.
- Joel and I both just got new life insurance policies via Policygenius. We’ve shared how great they are for years, but here’s how we recommend you to choose life insurance that’s affordable and easy to buy.
- It’s true- you can buy caskets and urns at Costco! And on the note of dying, Joel highly recommends Being Mortal & When Breath Becomes Air. Also be sure to look into joining your state’s funeral and memorial society- it’s really affordable and you can find more info at Funerals.org.
- EnergySage is a great resource if you’re looking to learn more about solar. Here’s another post we’ve written about ways to save money on your gas bill!
- And think you’re too good for community colleges? Don’t mock- they get it done!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply