It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some interesting and helpful stories like: small businesses raising prices, getting vaccinated to win $1 million, cash prize-linked savings accounts, monthly child tax credit payments on the way, big bank credit cards ignoring credit scores, monitoring your credit report for free, tapping your house for cash, the best long-term investments, bitcoin blip, cryptocurrency investment scams, air travel ramping up, and avoiding airline fees.
Additional links from this episode:
- Check out all the different reasons why Joel loves his new RadWagon 4 and why you should consider getting one as well!
- We touched on rising prices- if you want to know what’s up with inflation listen back to our Wednesday episode: Will Inflation Wreck Your Finances?
- If you like the idea of prize-linked savings accounts, check out Yotta.
- The Washington Post child tax credit calculator.
- Even if you’re not a good candidate for a cash out refinance or HELOC, you should still consider a refi if you have a higher interest rate mortgage- rates are still low! Listen back to episode 127: To Refi or Not to Refi
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!