It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: Kumiko Love book giveaway, what to do about the stock market slump, why ESG funds aren’t all that, 4-Day Workweeks on the rise, financial infidelity among Gen Z and Millennials, cell phones (good cheap ones, turning an old one into a security camera, & why you should keep it locked), & affordable generic prescription meds.
- To win 1 of 5 copies of Kumiko Love’s new book, head over to Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts, leave us a review, and then email us at HowToMoneyPod@gmail.com. Do that before midnight on Wednesday, and you’ll be entered into the book giveaway. Keep in mind, it can be an old review- just email us and you’re entered to win! We’ll announce winners on our next Friday Flight episode.
- And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
- AlfredCamera is the app to convert an old phone into a security camera.
- And check out CostPlusDrugs for more affordable generics.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.