It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some interesting and helpful stories like: Costco mortgages, how you can raid our bookshelf, Advance Child Tax Credit, car rental gift card scams, high earners living paycheck to paycheck, reverse cord-cutting, investing (in) teenagers, more Zillow Offers, putting rent on a credit card, & keeping banks from closing your credit card.
- To enter to win a package of three books from previous guests we’ve had on the show, leave us a solid review at Apple Podcasts and then let us know by emailing us at: HowToMoneyPod@gmail.com
- When you’re shopping for a mortgage or looking to do a refi, don’t forget Costco’s Mortgage Program.
- If you’re looking for more info for the Advance Child Tax Credit, here’s the Eligibility Assistant and the Update Portal if you’re looking to unenroll (but not update your info yet)
- Find a car rental deal with AutoSlash
- Zillow Offers, Opendoor, and Offerpad are allowing some homeowners to sell their homes quickly and easily.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.