Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: CNET calls Matt a liar, Costco hacks to save more, rents on the decline, getting paid to pay rent, all-in pricing with Airbnb, Prime perks or problems, the most expensive way to listen to music, a high enough credit score so you don’t pay more, secondary work benefits, & expensive high quality H20.
- Veterans Day – Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served in the military to fight for the freedoms we enjoy!
- Rents – Even with declining rents it still pays to find proven ways to reduce your housing expense.
- Cashback on rent – Finally a way that you can earn points from paying your rent!
- Prime perks – Check out this quiz over at Clark.com to determine if paying for Amazon Prime is worth it for you.
- Credit score – We also touched on the fact that you don’t need a perfect credit score– check out that episode!
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.