Back to the Future is easily one of the most quintessential 80s movies- come at us if you disagree! And there’s a scene early in the movie when Doc Brown basically explains how it is that he came up with the flux capacitor, which makes time travel possible. But the way that it came about was Doc was standing on his toilet, hanging a clock when he slipped and hit his head on the sink. It was at that precise moment that he came up with the flux capacitor- doing something completely unrelated to his quasi-scientific pursuits, which would forever alter his and Marty McFly’s life. It’s a moment from a classic movie that embodies the concept that you never know when inspiration is going to show up. Well in the same way that a stroke of genius came to Doc when he least expected it, we’ve found that there are so many different money lessons that we’ve both learned from working out and getting more fit! Luckily it didn’t take us hitting our head on the sink but here is a ton of crossover between physical fitness and personal finance. And we think regardless of how active you are (no gym membership required), there are some lucrative lessons to be learned from exercise that will lead to you becoming more financially fit.
- Back to the Future – Here’s that clip from the movie if you need a refresher.
- Living longer – Peter Attia on physical fitness, healthspan, and longevity.
- Money Mission Statement – Check out the worksheet we created to help you create your own Money Mission Statement! Download it, and give it a solid 30 minutes one evening to really begin some soul searching to determine what you want your life to look like.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed an Oktoberfest by Talisman Brewing Company- thanks for donating this one to the show Andy! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply