Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: we curb alerted ourselves, imposter Instagram accounts, what would you do for a bungalow, screaming mortgage rates, how we approach credit cards, high interest savings accounts are back, the best guaranteed returns for the next year, bad investing robots, gas tax holidays, geriatric cars, insurance rates on the rise, & bargain cruises up for grabs.
- Newsletter – Click here to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in the land!
- Credit cards – We talked about responsible credit card usage which is what we recommend- also, see what credit cards we use to maximize those benefits!
- High interest savings accounts – You’re in the right place if you’d like to earn 1.2% in your savings account or if you’d prefer 1.25% in a no-penalty CD– both with CIT!
- And don’t forget, it’s not all that difficult to switch banks.
- Investing – Head to TreasuryDirect.gov and snag you some i bonds paying close to double digits!
- Vaca – Even though the cost of travel is up in a bit way- that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to find a deal on your airfare. Listen to our convo with Scott Keyes as we talked about how to navigate the new era of affordable travel.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.