Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: we curb alerted ourselves, imposter Instagram accounts, what would you do for a bungalow, screaming mortgage rates, how we approach credit cards, high interest savings accounts are back, the best guaranteed returns for the next year, bad investing robots, gas tax holidays, geriatric cars, insurance rates on the rise, & bargain cruises up for grabs.
- Newsletter – Click here to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in the land!
- Credit cards – We talked about responsible credit card usage which is what we recommend- also, see what credit cards we use to maximize those benefits!
- High interest savings accounts – You’re in the right place if you’d like to earn 1.2% in your savings account or if you’d prefer 1.25% in a no-penalty CD– both with CIT!
- And don’t forget, it’s not all that difficult to switch banks.
- Investing – Head to TreasuryDirect.gov and snag you some i bonds paying close to double digits!
- Vaca – Even though the cost of travel is up in a bit way- that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to find a deal on your airfare. Listen to our convo with Scott Keyes as we talked about how to navigate the new era of affordable travel. Also check out all our tips to save money on travel!
- Utilities – Here are some tips to reduce your gas bill this winter, while still staying cozy warm.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.