It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s news and the effects of the pandemic on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we are distilling it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to not just weather this health and financial crisis, but to come out on the other side even stronger. In this episode we cover some interesting and helpful stories like: using VaccineFinder.org to get your Covid shot, the best way to find deals at Goodwill, college enrollment falling, student loan forgiveness scams, blue collar worker shortages, making six figures without a college degree, an easy way to eliminate ads on the internet, the worst place to buy a car, earning more with bonds, expensive realtor commissions, Zestimate cash offers, and why renting is a smart move right now.
Additional links from this episode:
- If you’ve never checked out ShopGoodwill.com, you’re missing out!
- Whether we enter a downturn or not, it never hurts preparing for a recession.
- If someone tries to scamp you, be sure to report scams with the FTC, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and your state’s Attorney General.
- During our interview with Ken Rusk, he shared some great info on the type of careers that blue collar and skilled trades offer.
- Shift-command-R is the shortcut on Macs to flip to reader view and and check out the Reader View extension if you use Chrome.
- If you want to learn more about buying series I treasury bonds to earn more on your savings.
And as we’ve kicked things off with a bang in 2021, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply