We’re kicking off the week by answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo!
- Do I need to report rental income that I’m receiving from my daughter to the IRS?
- Should we stay with the insurer we know and trust or should we shop our coverage to bring down the cost?
- What’s the deal with secured credit cards?
- How should I minimize my savings in order to maximize financial aid for my college bound kids?
- Am I able to still contribute towards my Roth IRA for last year if I didn’t open that account until this year?
Additional links from this episode:
- I called it the Brew ‘n View up in Asheville, but it’s technically Asheville Pizza & Brewing
- Don’t cheap out on insurance but we do want you to save as much money as you can!
- Our interview with Elisia Howard where we discussed getting the most financial aid.
- Secured credit cards are a great option for folks who don’t have good or any credit history, but the newer Petal Credit Card does the same and it’s not a secured card!
During this episode we both enjoyed a Seeing Double by Anderby Brewing. And as we’ve kicked things off with a bang in 2021, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!