Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead during these trying times. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: wearing used workout clothes, inflation resistant restaurants, dirt cheap groceries, trading down to save more, potentially paused payments, student loans impacting your golden years, happy birthday Social Security, worthless warranties, college student safeguards, TDF allowing you to DIY it within your 401k, actively managed funds kinda coming out ahead, specific EVs that get the new tax credit, & a sweet signup bonus on one of our favorite credit cards.
- Groceries – Head over to BuySalvageFood.com and use their map to find the nearest salvage grocery store- not only will you save money on groceries, but you’ll keep food out of the landfills.
- Social security – not typically a topic we discuss but we don’t into back in episode 413.
- Life insurance – Read about how you can choose life insurance that is cheap and easy to buy.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.