Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead during these trying times. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: HTM sock giveaway winners, more Google Map biking features, credit card companies are fighting for your business, cheap millennials are worse tippers, jumping ship to earn 10% more, why we’re proponents of child labor, US Bank exploiting their customers, pernicious hotel fees, Equifax continues to blow it, & a quick utility bill hack.
- Credit cards – With all the card issuers fighting for your attention, be sure to see what kind of welcome offers they have. Joel just signed up for the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card and they’re offering a sweet welcome offer of 75,000 miles (or $750).
- Vaca – Don’t get stuck paying for fees that you weren’t expecting at your next hotel stay. Before you book, read reviews over at TripAdvisor and be sure to look closely at the itemized bill!
- Save money – Turning down the water heater and turning up the thermostat are great ways to save, but here are 7 other ways that you can begin saving money this week. Also here’s our list of ways to save money on water at home!
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply