Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: measuring the value you get from Amazon Prime, fueling your addiction with Jackpocket, borrowing to invest, buy now pay never, who’s footing the the bill when it comes to credit card rewards, what housing market crash?, housing affordability brought to you by a 50 year mortgage, cheaper groceries and booze, & whether banning new gas stations is the best path forward.
- Investing – And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard. These are great ways to automate your finances and put your investing on auto-pilot!
- If you’re not already investing in tax advantaged accounts, listen to why we think you should start with the beautiful Roth IRA. Also if you have a HDHP you should look into the HSA triple tax advantage!
- Groceries – Here’s a great list of ways to save money on groceries each month.
- Credit cards – We talked about responsible credit card usage which is what we recommend- also, see what credit cards we use to maximize those benefits!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply