Cults are fascinating. The amount of gaslighting and denial of reality that takes place in order to perpetuate the movement is simply mind boggling. And one of the most interesting parts is to see interviews with the folks who finally got out. For years they couldn’t see clearly as they were essentially brainwashed, but now they look back on everything they experienced in a completely different light. When you’re in the midst of something so enveloping and all-consuming it can be difficult to know your right from your left, to know the difference between truth and lies. And similarly it can be difficult to discern the magnitude and scope of the impact of something like a global pandemic on our lives until some time has passed. But now that we had a few years between us and lockdowns, we wanted to discuss the specific ways in which Covid 19 has jolted personal finance and how we should respond to those changes.
- Moving – A lot of folks questioned where they call home during the pandemic. We did as well and both ended up moving our families- listen back to the episode where we discussed our advice for finding a great place to live!
- Money Gears – We referenced our 7 Money Gears during this episode. It’s important to know what your next financial moves should be before you take action!
- Life change – Listen back to our convo with Abby Davisson as we walked through her guide for life’s biggest decisions.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Mango Funk Yoself by Meddlesome Brewing- thanks Ben & Rachael for donating this one to the podcast! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply