The cost of college is higher than ever. On average, students today are paying 213% more to go to college than their parents paid 30 years ago (and that includes adjustment for inflation!). $Pro Cody Berman is with us this week to discuss finding smart and creative ways to cut college costs, so that graduates can launch their professional careers unhampered by massive student loans. So whether you’re in school, considering going back, or have kids – listen to hear some advice on ways to cut those college costs.
Additional resources we discussed in this episode:
- First thing to do- apply for aid with FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Sites to search to find scholarships and grants: Fastweb, CollegeBoard.org, Cappex, Scholly, and Chegg.
- And the Department of Labor has a great scholarship finder as well.
- Also, here are a bunch of other ways to avoid debt when getting a degree, as well as a handful of ways to save money in college!
- Check out Cody’s site, Fly to FI. And his podcast too, The FI Show
During this episode we each enjoyed a PowerShark by BrainDead Brewing which you can find on Untappd. A special thanks to Jerrod at Braindead Brewing for donating this beer to the show! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts, Castbox, or wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!