Friday episodes are all about the coronavirus and your money. There’s a lot of news and information out there, and our goal is to distill that down to specific takeaways that will allow you to weather this surreal health and financial crisis. In today’s optimistic episode we cover a lot of good news coming down the pike, including the stimulus bill- how it looks like we’re all getting stimulus checks, unemployment benefits are being extended, and small business loans are getting amped up. Listen to learn how this bill will affect you.
Additional resources from this episode:
- Amazon is offer free kids books via Audible and here’s that Circle Round podcast that Joel had mentioned.
- We referenced an OLD episode: The Necessity of Community. Don’t judge too harshly as we were just getting our podcast legs under us, but we felt this is particularly relevant during the hard times we’re currently in.
- Speaking of community, here’s our neighbor’s band that’s been riding around in the boat if you wanted to check them out, Mermaid Motor Lounge.
- Hopefully most of our listeners have an emergency fund saved up and are weathering this storm well. But we know that’s not everyone, and while getting into massive amounts of debt is never ideal, for some folks the last resort might be to look to a 0% credit card to help carry them through this rough patch.
- And that funny, albeit it sobering, video of the Italian mayors. Let’s make sure we’re all taking the proper precautions.
And as we ramp up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!