Friday episodes are all about the week’s news and the effects of Covid-19 on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we are distilling it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to not just weather this health and financial crisis, but to thrive. In this episode we cover a lot of good news we’ve come across in the past week. We also address how you might have the option to make changes to your health care coverage, how your credit score might drop due to the deferment of federal student loans, appealing for more student aid, and some benefits of graduating during a pandemic.
Other helpful resources:
- Check out GovernmentJobs.com if you’re looking for a job- local and state governments are hiring lots of new positions that are Covid-19 related, like contract tracers!
- Keep an eye on your credit report every week over at AnnualCreditReport.com. This is especially true if you’re taking advantage of the deferment of federal student loans.
- We discussed is college worth it in back in episode 139. And don’t forget that being a lifelong learner is a something we should all strive for.
- SwiftStudent is a free website that helps parents and students who are seeking adjustments to their financial aid package.
- Here are some of the best commencement speeches ever.
And as we’ve ramped up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply