The price of college has gotten so incredibly expensive that we’re wondering if college is even worth it anymore. With the current total outstanding student loan debt totaling over $1.6 trillion, the return on your investment isn’t as obvious as it was decades ago. Now is the time to ask: Is getting a degree from a traditional academic institution the best course going forward? The answer isn’t going to be the same for everyone, but we’ll touch on the important things to consider before you decide to go back to school or as you have that conversation with your high schooler as they weigh college options.
- Full blog post covering is college worth the cost in 2022?
- Also here are all the different ways to avoid student loan debt (or heavily reduce it!)
- It costs more than 3x more to attend college than it did 30 years ago (and that accounts for inflation!). CNBC has more info for you here.
- Don’t forget to consider the potential salary you’ll likely be earning once you get your degree. We’re all for chasing hopes and dreams, but some practicality goes a long way.
- Was your degree worth it? In addition to hopefully landing you a great job, what other soft skills did you learn while in school? Any tips to save money in college that works for you?
During this episode we enjoyed a Mexican Lager by St. Archer- a big thanks to our friends at St. Archer for donating the beers to the show this week! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
Hey guys, love the podcast but one thing you missed. It is worth mentioning the military as a way to pay for college. Not for everyone but definitely worth mentioning!