You know you can’t believe everything that you read on the web, right?! There are all sorts of myths, half truths, and straight up lies that can not only make us look foolish were we to believe them, but they can also separate us from our hard earned money and cause us financial harm. And it turns out there are a number of myths that pervade how many think about their credit scores. Some of this confusion has to do with the fact that different lenders reference different scoring models, so it’s tough to know exactly what is going on underneath the hood. But in addition to that there is flat out wrong information floating around that has an impact on how we view these mysterious three digit numbers- our credit scores. Listen as we tackle some popular credit score myths head on, and explain what you actually need to do in order to maintain a healthy credit score.
- Learn how you can take on some DIY pest control that will give you professional results at a fraction of the cost. And a Bug-A-Salt gun is fun and actually works- especially on house flies!
- We also touched on the fact that you don’t need a perfect credit score– check out that episode!
- Make it harder to lose money to scammers by freezing your credit.
- And here’s a great episode if you’re looking to rebuild a rough credit score.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed a Hello World by Spyglass Brewing- a big thanks to Gary over at The Fat and Broke podcast for donating this one! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.