Whether you’re planning to score a deal on Amazon Prime day or not, chances are you do a good bit of purchasing online. Obviously we love getting a great deal and the convenience of online shopping is unmatched, but what other considerations should be taken into account? Just because we’re getting a deal now, does that mean we’re spending less money in the long run? During this episode we cover when shopping at a local brick and mortar is better, some serious downsides of shopping online, and then we wrap things up by covering our favorite ways to get deals buying online using deal sites, techniques, and our favorite Chrome extension.
Additional resources from this episode:
- For the best deal aggregator sites, check out: Slickdeals, DealNews, and Clark Deals
- MacRumors Buyer’s Guide is great if you’re looking for an Apple product and don’t forget to shop refurbished
- Nerdwallet has a great breakdown of what month to buy what products
- The best online shopping tool is the Honey Chrome extension- download it now and thank us later!
- And if you’ve never checked out ShopGoodwill.com, you’re missing out
During this episode we enjoyed a Fort by Dogfish Head- another big thanks to our friend Tyler here in Atlanta for donating this rare (to us!) beer to the show! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts, Castbox, or wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!