We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- Are real estate investing apps like Landa legit?
- When it comes to budgeting, is it OK to sneak my gardening supplies into our housing maintenance savings category?
- Should I cash out an old 401k to pay off some medical debt?
- I’m thinking about selling my duplex- should I utilize a 1031 exchange and strike while the iron is hot?
- A frugal or cheap abroad: what’s the best way to do a currency exchange?
- Budgets – As we’ve talked about before, here’s a stripped down template of our family’s budget in Excel. It may not make sense for some, but I hope it can get most started down the right path! (once you’re in Google Drive, click: File -> download to get the file on your computer)
- Healthcare costs – When it comes to finding ways to reduce your healthcare costs, Marshall Allen had some really incredible advice back during our convo with him: Fight and Win Against Insane Healthcare Costs
- House hacking – We recently dedicated an entire episode to the power of house hacking and how you can start implementing it in your life with Craig Curelop.
- 401k rollover – Capitalize is the site we discussed where you can easily roll over an old 401k for free- don’t let your retirement dollars languish with an inferior provider!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Traeblod by Mikkeller Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply