This week on the pod we’re answering your questions! If you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask
- What’s the difference between annuities and life insurance?
- Ways to improve my credit score after a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Robo advisors: are they too good to be true?
- Should I open a college savings account for my toddler?
- What kind of equipment do you use to record the podcast?
Additional resources from this episode:
- Compare different life insurance policies over at Policygenius or Haven Life
- Petal card is a great intro credit card for rebuilding your credit score
- If your credit card company doesn’t share a free credit score then check out Discover’s Credit Scorecard or you can monitor over at Credit Karma
- Check out Experian Boost to potentially boost your credit score instantly
- Betterment and Wealthfront are good options but we think that M1 is better for the majority of folks
- SavingforCollege.com has a write-up on the best 529 plans by state
- For this podcast we record on a Zoom H4nPro and use Shure SM58 microphones with these desktop stands (and we’ve found 6ft cables to be the perfect length if you want to really get specific!). And for editing we use Adobe Audition but Audacity is a great free option as well as GarageBand if you use a Mac. (and if you’re recording straight into your computer, we’d highly recommend this super affordable USB microphone by Audio-Technica which we often use as well!)
During this episode we enjoyed a Bio-Rhythm by Southern Grist Brewing which you can find on Untappd. A big thanks to Jamie and friends up there in Nashville for donating these beers to the show! And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts, Castbox, or wherever you get your podcasts- we’d love to hear from you.
Best friends out!