It’s essential for us to learn how to thrive while working from home. Our modern workforce has been heading towards working remotely for years, but of course the coronavirus has all but eliminated the ability for non-essential offices to continue to function as they had previously. The problem is that most of us don’t have home offices, or if we do, there are still countless distractions in our home that we’re not used to. And additionally, many of us have kids at home as well- while they are wonderful, they are likely distracting us from the other myriad tasks at hand! How do we work from home and do it well? We can’t continue with a system that hampers our ability to actually get work done, so we’re going to speak to how we as individuals can work from home without going crazy.
Additional resources from this episode:
- If you’re looking to eliminate sound distractions, you can splurge on some Bose headphones but these super soft earplugs are all you really need!
- If you’re looking to start tracking the hours you’re working at home, then check out Clockify. How can we be better stewards of our time when we don’t even know where we’re spending our time?
- We’re big fans of Marco Polo for video messaging, both on iPhones and Android.
- We referenced our episode with Curt Steinhorst a few times – be sure and check out that entire interview on focus and distraction.
- And if you’re looking for some fun, kids yoga, then look no further than Cosmic Kids.
During this episode we enjoyed a Same As It Ever Was by Monday Night Brewing, makers of some of Atlanta’s best craft beer. And as we ramp up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply