We talk a lot about finding free stuff on the side of the road, in HTM parlance, curb alerts! It’s a great way to reduce waste and save money if you’re able to find something that you’re needing, and it just so happens to be sitting there on the curb for you. But if you find yourself driving around town for a few hours every night after work in hopes that folks have abandoned a neat tchotchke that you may or may not actually need, then you might be dedicating too much time to the pursuit of free stuff. Similarly, streaming subscriptions can be a wonderful thing- they’ve been able to deliver some amazing content to hundreds of millions of people. But if you have too many streaming companies set to autopay, not only is it consistently draining money from your bank account but it’s also stealing your most limited resource- your time. Listen as we tackle why it is we stream in the first place, how to cut the cost of streaming, how to stream for free, and contemplate what else you could be spending your time doing as we challenge ourselves to spend less time on the couch to begin with!
- Motivation – If you’re looking for a kick in the pants to watch less TV- The Atlantic reports that TV is America’s top leisure activity.
- Free streaming – to watch streaming for less money: Peacock, Pluto TV, Roku Channel, Tubi TV, Crackle, and plenty more but honestly we would rather you watch less altogether!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Benevolence by Flying Machine! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.