For a certain subset of HTM listeners, it might be easy to not see the forest for the trees. You might naturally be drawn to the finer details of personal finance like expense ratios and Excel formulas in an attempt to ensure that you’re living the most efficient and optimized life that you possibly can. But, that’s when the subtle shift can take place. That’s when the means to the end begins to overshadow the actual end, which for many is to simply live a good and happy life. Instead, we should live our lives with the end in mind and that’s why we’re talking with Dr. Jordan Grumet, also known as Doc G. Jordan was an internal medicine physician when he discovered the personal finance community. Since then he started an award winning podcast and is now the author of Taking Stock: A Hospice Doctor’s Advice on Financial Independence, Building Wealth, and Living a Regret-Free Life, which will be published in a couple of weeks. Listen as we discuss meaningful work, resisting the traditional American work culture, what it takes to set priorities in life, and much more!
- Jordan – To learn more about Jordan and all that he’s up to, head over to his site. And be sure to check out his book- Taking Stock!
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed an Indolence, which is an American sour, by Pretentious Barrel House! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.